Friday, December 10, 2010

I will have more to say

I just don't seem to be able to find the time at the moment.  It's not only the time.  Just like I find with my nemesis in the corner of the room, some days I sit down and the music will not be held down.  No matter how hard I try to grab it it eludes my fingers and instead they crash dully against the keys. At other times, when I least expect it, my fingers for some reason feel safe as they cling to the keys and my hand dances with the music, never touching it but moving in perfect time like an ancient dance where the dancers move together, close but neither touching nor drifting apart.  The steps of that dance are at the same time precise but variable, with cliche lying in wait for those who stumble to the left and chaos waiting to the right.

Freaky mystic madman you say.

I find the same with writing. I now have three unfinished posts for this blog which seemed inspired at the time and may yet prove to be.  I am forming the idea of chucking up a poem every Sunday and some music during the week but less frequently. 

One of my fellow bloggers has mentioned a reading challenge  for next year.  If I was to take on such a thing it would be to finish all the books in the shelf I have started but not quite reached the end.  There is a pile of open books at the end of the shelf, some with very little left of them to read. Off the top of my head they include:

Jude the Obscure, by Thomas Hardy - couldn't finish it.. too close to home
The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie - shaping up to be very funny
The Confessions of St Augustine
Language, Truth and Logic by A J Ayer
Wind, Sand and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupery - already read it but he's great
The Summer Book by Tove Jannsen - ditto the above
Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky

There's a Jeffrey Archer there too, equally important I would say

Looking forward to having time,
The Gedle

No comments:

Post a Comment