Monday, February 14, 2011

No wonder I tried to lose that question sheet...

Well, Clive Barker is playing bridesmaid to US10039 measurement-residential, assessment part one, question two - plasterboard linings.

As far as I can make out, because all it says on the specification page for the plasterboard linings trade is that stopping to achieve a level 4 finish is to be carried out wherever the surface is exposed, BUT, under the painting specification it mentions applying lining paper to walls in areas S2, S3 and S13, I should measure for stopping to level 3 in those areas.

No cornice of any type is mentioned in either the plasterboard or the interior-joinery-and-trim specification, and, looking at the cross sections a square wall-ceiling junction is shown with no description. I'll assume that this means I must measure for stopping a fair internal angle at the wall-ceiling junction...  in metres.

Now... Now that I have looked at the cross sections I notice that the ceiling angle changes in rooms S1, S11 and S12 half way between the external wall and the lines on the plan marked "beam over" so that's another thing to measure... and the "beam over" in question will require plasterboard sheathing (sheathing of beams and columns must be scheduled separately in metres... no wait... only if they are cast in one piece) and also an extra value item for working in narrow widths less than 300mm.  

I don't think I have to worry about S1 which is specified to be lined with James Hardie Villaboard, at least on the walls... but I must remember to measure for a gib ceiling. 

Everything else seems fairly straightforward, except that I'll have to check back and forth to the bracing plan on sheet 8 as the gib-standard will have to be substituted with braceline wherever shown on that drawing...  

Now that's an interesting question... as an interior wall lining should I be measuring the villaboard in S1 along with the plasterboard trade? Fibre cement sheet is not covered as an interior lining at all in NZS4202...

No comments:

Post a Comment